Have you ever heard of halitosis? Although halitosis is the scientific term, it is more commonly known as bad breath. Bad breath can be caused by numerous issues including risk factors as simple as the food or drinks you’re consuming up to underlying conditions deep within your body. Thus, it is important to determine what is causing your bad breath in order to effectively treat it. Listed below are a few common facts about bad breath:
– Unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as smoking and chewing tobacco, can cause bad breath.
– Have you ever heard of dry mouth? It could be a side effect of medications and results when there is a lack of saliva in your mouth. It is also a known cause of bad breath.
– Are you eating any smelly foods such as garlic or onions? If you are, they can cause bad breath.
– If you suffer from poor oral hygiene and fail to brush and floss on a daily basis, you’re increasing your risk for bad breath.
– Underlying ailments in your mouth can produce bad breath as a symptom. This includes gum disease.
– Did you know that excessive plaque buildup on your teeth and gums can lead to bad breath?
– Were you aware that underlying ailments deep within your body can lead to bad breath, including liver problems, kidney issues, and respiratory tract infections?
Our team at MajorSmiles focuses on a selection of halitosis treatments to suit all your oral health care needs. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Chuck Majors, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Bryan, Texas. You are welcome to call us at 979-776-6600.